Notes: How to know what to Test
- Instead of code coverage, go for user flow coverage
- Ask your Product manager
- which parts of the app do you always check to make sure are not broken, after a deploy is done, offer to automate that away
You’re not a software engineer hired to code. You’re a human hired to push their mission forward. – Kent C Dodds (https://kcd.im/biz)
The more your tests represent how your software is used, the more confidence they can give you.
Think less about the code you’re testing, and more about the use cases
- Slides from the talk
- How to add testing to an existing project
- your IDE as a presentation tool
- Scenarios: Should I write a test or fix a bug?