Podcast Notes: Building A Second Brain
Mini podcast series, with short & digestable insights on the 10 principles of building a second brain. it’s approx' 10 minutes per episode.
There’s also a second season, going over some myths about building a second brain.
- Borrowed creativity
- The capture habit
- Idea recycling
- Projects over categories
- Slow burns: stop completing your work via “heavy lifts”
- Start with abundance. I feel this one is closely related to slow burns
- Intermediate packets: making small contained & digestible units of work that can be re-used/transformed in the future.
- You only know what you make: don’t just passively learn, put to action what you’re learning
- Make things easier for your future self (Progressive summarization)
- Keep your ideas moving
“How do I make what I’m consuming right now easily discoverable for my future self?”
- the idea is that you add a little bit of value each time you touch a note.
Sorted in order of most actionable, to least actionable stuff.
- Project: a series of tasks linked to a goal, with a deadline
- examples right now: Go, project alligator, DIFTK, Sigma
- finite mindset (as taught by Simon Sinek)
- Area: a sphere of activity with a standard to be maintained over time
- examples right now: Leadership & management, software architecture, career strategy
- infinite mindset (as taught by Simon Sinek)
- Resource: A topic or theme of ongoing interest
- a live example already exists
- Archive: Inactive items from the other 3 categories. this is where shit goes to die😂forgetting is not a bad thing, it liberates the mind.
Access the results of your past thinking
- Overview of my note taking system as at Dec 2021