- Fullstack Product Engineer - with a bias to the frontend
- Surrounded by very talented people I learnt from everyday. Was a nice ride!
- Wrote a lot during my time here. With topics ranging from Technical Documentation, RFCs, Code Standards, Design & Architecture, Test strategies, reports from spikes & research efforts, and not to forget the many failed pitches.
- Education - Maintained an active & well curated Slack channel titled #learning. The idea here was simple, share material I found helpful, to help spread good engineering practice across the company. Sparked lots of insightful conversation, and in my opinion, positive change.
- Advocacy for DevX, Product Performance, Software Architecture, & Reducing cognitive load associated with software delivery
- Technical Project Management - I learnt how to breakdown and share a workload with 2-3 people at a time
- Did lots of refactoring. Long term architecture & re-architecture efforts, and executing those migrations
- Consultancy environment, I joined as a Frontend Engineer, ended up as a somewhat competent Product Engineer
- Being at Sigma exposed me to how world class software is created & delivered, I had the pleasure of working with a very talented team
- Embedded in a Hungerrush team
- Refactoring & updating styles to new designs, on lots of legacy systems. Had to do lots of CSS hacking, learnt it in good depth during this time
- Moving from VB to Angular Quorum
- Helped build a React component Library for the organisation
- Extended Kendo UI elements
- Built some from Scratch Sigma internal team
- Greenfield work
- Got to witness architecture being designed in real time, around a multi-tenant SaaS app
- Using NextJS, AWS, Go, & Terraform as our core stack
- Education - I was an active contributor to all learning related channels in our comms server.
A Svelte project, introduced me to the simple design patterns encouraged by the framework
July 8 ‘22 update: I haven’t contributed here in a while
Consulting for Dataecho
- Product consulting & bringing their webapp to reality
- Quality control
- UX research & design
- Feature grooming for the dev & design team (3 devs including me, 1 designer)
- Project management
Started Dec 2019
- Volunteer work
- This was my first real world client for web work!
- I continue to volunteer technical/software expertise for the organisation
- Have proudly kept emails up for ~3 years with next to no downtime😎
- What I’m up to now