Ideal collaboration UX for music apps
Basically asked me what features would make collaboration on a music streaming app an overall better experience for me.
This is my attempt at basic UX research, trying to identify the problems worth solving.
- I like the core UX of soundcloud comments on a track.
- The comments are time stamped
- Can do commentary as you listen to a track or a mix etc. Svenio once asked for feedback on a mix of his, and I easily made time-stamped comments.
- This can also provide listening prompts (for active listening sessions)
After long pressing on a comment
Shared Ownership of playlists
- Spotify is a good example of this, and the only one I’ve used somewhat extensively
- Please share any other apps that support this :)
- It’s easy to identify who added a track to a playlist, because avatar & name
The mobile experience is also gets the job done well
- To be able to comment on playlists would be nice
Messaging within the platform
- A way to share playlists and stuff within the platform, in a DM or group like setting.
- Makes for contextual conversations
- Again, soundcloud is a good example of this. The music player is also embedded in the chat, meaning you can play from directly in there
- Only a desktop experience though. Mobile is essential for this sort of thing, it’s important to be able to collaborate on the go.
What would collaboration ideally look like for you?
- “I have music in different places but want one single app for all my music that supports all services/sources”