Notes: Managing Client Relationships
These notes were taken from the comment section
huge thanks to Sevilla
- Find somebody who’s really good at what you want to achieve, and learn from them.
- Put ego aside when you are shadowing them.
- Skills are not innate, they are learnt.
- Take the opportunity to build a strategic client relationship beyond contracted work scope.
- Be opportunistic, and aim to be a go-to for clients.
- Get them talking.
- What clients value more than analysis is solutions and creative workarounds.
- Uphold credibility and put the client first.
- Be realistic about work-life balance - it is a competitive industry.
- Positivity is contagious. Be upbeat.
- Learn the jargon. Take classes in business and law to improve competency.