- the freecodecamp video
- a reference book, a good certification guide.
- then do practice questions/exams at the end of it, till I’m confident enough to take the actual exam.
- make sure to do labs for each topic.
- flash cards with practice questions
- AWS Educate
- AWS solutions architect homepage
- a cloud guru
- exampro: I think most of this course is on freecodecamp youtube.
- practice tests udemy
- more practice exams
- well architected white paper - a must read, apparently
Helpful youtube playlist
SNS & SQS
The main reason for using a single table in DynamoDB is to retrieve multiple, heterogenous item types using a single request. src
- GSI: Global Secondary Indexes. A way to further partition your data, to make for more efficient queries. docs here. Useful as your access patterns get more complex.
- Index Overloading:
- RCU: Read Capacity Units
- WCU: Write Capacity Units
The downsides of single table design
Taken from the source of the quote above.
- It can be difficult to add new access patterns
- Difficulty of analytics
- NoSQL Design for DynamoDB - docs from AWS
- Faux-SQL or NoSQL? Examining four DynamoDB Patterns in Serverless Applications
- Regional edge cache
DevOps is the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that increases an organization’s ability to deliver applications and services at high velocity: evolving and improving products at a faster pace than organizations using traditional software development and infrastructure management processes. This speed enables organizations to better serve their customers and compete more effectively in the market. src
Can also be referred to as
A/B deployment where two identical hardware environments, where 1 remains idle, & the other is active & serving end users.
- How can this be achieved on AWS?
Questions to answer from the labs
- what is continuous delivery & its benefits
- CodeCommit & MFA
- IAM - need to do a deep dive on this
With Amazon Kinesis, you can ingest real-time data such as video, audio, application logs, website clickstreams, and IoT telemetry data for machine learning, analytics, and other applications.
- Data warehousing, mostly for Business intelligence
- Single AZ
- Operates as a cluster by default, I think. Not charged for leader node hours, only the compute node is billed.