Course Notes: AWS Solutions Architect Cantrill
- Github Repo
- Apple notes also has some handwritten stuff
- AWS tag on this site has rest of notes
- currently working through networking Fundamentals
- source of truth for which notes are supposed to exist is my progress on the video platform. sometimes can go ahead and write notes on stuff I haven’t watched though
- All IAM accounts start with no access
- for access to billing: as a root user you need to explicitly allow IAM permission.
- AWS organisations & multiple account management - a thing that’ll be taught later in the course.
Gmail Catch-all address (dynamic alias)
You’ll need to create multiple AWS accounts, General (Management), Prod, Testing etc. Simple way to do this is using Gmail’s catch all.
Meaning if your address is
firstname.lastname@example.org, you can use
dude+AWSProd@gmail.com and whatever else, and still have them all refer to the single Gmail account.